RLM Packaging involved Brian Sainsbury of B5 Direction Limited to help develop future plans for the business along with providing leadership & management training support to the newly formed senior management team. The company continues to use the services of Brian Sainsbury to coach the management team in delivering their growth and expansion plans.
RLM Packaging Ltd is a medium sized independent tinplate container manufacturer based in Hull, East Yorkshire. The company manufactures a wide range of general line tinplate containers for a variety of applications and has the flexibility of offering short as well as long run production services to suit specific customer requirements. RLM engaged in the Growth Accelerator during 2013 with the aim of introducing ambitious growth plans for the business along with developing a new organization structure and senior management team.
- Development and implementation of an ambitious growth strategy targeting increased sales turnover and expansion.
- Introducing interactive business tools to develop a clear vision of the growth potential and where the business could maximise its full potential.
- Introduced enhanced systems of control to help upscale manufacturing operations to meet the growth objectives.
- Coached the senior management team to organise and implement a new structure to ensure delivery of the growth plans.
- Delivered practical training in leadership and management covering a range of relevant topics that resulted in improving managerial capabilities in a growing and dynamic business environment.
- Introduced action-based learning along with coaching support to individuals in achieving specific improvement goals.
What Ian Richardson, MD of RLM Packaging has to say about the service:
“We found Brian’s combined experience in business development and manufacturing improvements perfect for us. As a hands-on management team we cover many disciplines and were aware that a new structure was needed to achieve the defined growth aims. Brian introduced us to a structured way of identifying the various growth and business development opportunities. The programme also made us understand the importance and benefit of stepping away from the day-to-day business issues and look at the ‘bigger picture’. We continue to use the help from Brian on a regular basis as the RLM Packaging business expands and improves”.